Sunday, November 29, 2020

Self portrait

 


I took a selfie. Made it black and white tonal using editor. And drew a portrait of myself. 

Normal A4 white sheet.

6B pencil.

Wavy line and smudging.

I plan to draw portraits and camera drawings this way. Wavy lines and accurate smudging for tonal correctness and equivalence. Remember I am self-guruing. 

My aim is to get above average rendering. About 70%. 

Let me work this way and see.

Bye for now.

Post-script - If wavy line and smudging work to get hyper-realistic result, then there is nothing quite like it. Reasons being. One it can be taught to kids. Wavy lines gradually can be guided to accuracy. Not possible in straight lines. Second is one has to follow only one technique for both drawing and shading. And the technique of wavy lines. Of course controlled shading is not possible. 

I must admit that I do shading practices. Here is a screenshot.




No comments:

Post a Comment