Sunday, June 20, 2021

Great Art

 


I was looking at videos in YouTube and I fell in love with tonal shading.  You draw without lines. The picture is just tones. No lines. What is the advantage,  one may ask. Will it fetch us higher marks in drawing exam? Will one earn more money by tonal shading? The answer to these is no.

But the real world around us do not have lines. They are just tones. So by drawing in tones you are trying to represent nature truly. You may not get higher marks or you may not get higher money.  But you are following art more.

In my blog post "A new shading idea" posted two days back I suggested a way to shade without lines.There are precisely 4 steps suggested in my method.  Horizontal,  vertical, angular in straight lines and angular in curved lines. I am sure these steps are apt.

I find it difficult to control my greed in art. I need to master portraits.  I need to master landscapes. Then I need to do funny cartoons.  Then I feel like doing hyper-realistic art. I am interested in colors too. I do not know whether my desires in art will get quenched or not.

But I like making methods.  I believe my new shading idea, sfumato lines for improving drawing, Asaro head method and Action Limbs method of Scott Harris  will help.

Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment