Saturday, December 9, 2023

Common Questions asked on my cartoons

Why do you do cartoons?

I do cartoons because I feel my sense of humor is good.  Not because I am a good artist. 

So you are not a good artist?

I didn't mean that. What I meant was humor is more important than artwork in cartoons.  This is my feeling. 

You earlier said that drawing comic art is better than drawing cartoons for kids. What is the reason? Why?

See, comic art encompasses all aspects of drawing.  Facial features,  figure drawing,  proportions, extreme perspective,  clothes, colors, light and shadows. While a cartoon art need not be even proportional. That's the reason why I advocate comics over cartoons for kids.

What is the secret to drawing a great cartoon?

Treatment of clothes as a separate entity. And Treatment of face, hands, legs as a separate entity. This is not my secret. But a secret passed on by Lou Darvas,  famous American cartoonist of yesteryears.

I see that you work only over blogs and do cartoons.  You don't actually try and get into magazines,  newspapers or e-books. Is it that you are scared of something?

I refuse to answer this question. 

Very well. Why do you use papers and pencils.  Why not drawing tablet?

I am comfortable drawing in paper. I have desires for setting up an art studio. For that I have to spend 5 lakhs of Indian rupees. I don't want to spend that amount of money right now. So I am continuing in paper.

Whose drawing do you think your art resembles?

A few friends say my drawings resemble Van Gogh . Gosh !! I can't believe it. 

Thank you.

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment