Sunday, November 7, 2021

A Face with Skin Colored Pencils

 


You may know that I also possess skin colored pencils.  

I thought let me try a face with them. As complete as possible.  But the drawing is not in proportion. However I attempted professional shading.

Blending is tougher with skin colored pencils. It is comparatively easy with oil pastels. 

When to use skin colored pencils? When oil pastels? When watercolor pencils? And when pencils?

I don't have a clear answer to this. Best answer is that try with just HB pencil.  Then when you improve get yourself an YISSIVIC pencil set. Later on think of color. Also think of excellent papers. Toned paper or white higher GSM papers like that from Brustro for instance. 

My advice is try drawing on normal A4 paper with just an HB pencil. Andrew Loomis wrote a book "Fun with a pencil". Remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment