Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Portraits Drawing

Once one get compliments in resemblance, be it portraits or be it caricatures; one can use digital aids. Digital aids could be using square grids or using Brolaviya mobile stand and DaVinci eye app. I use the latter method.

Shading method is crucial and coloring portraits is not just an application of colors but being with the gradience.

White sheet of thicker variety or grey sheets of thicker variety may be used. I have never tried tanned sheets. Tanned sheets may be good for Indian skin tone. 

All the skin tones pencils have some drawback or the other. If Mont Marte skin tone pencils does not blend with each other then Brustro skin tone pencils are unsuitable for accurate skin colors. Crayola skin tone crayons are thicker and unsuitable for my type of shading.

The best approach would be to go for 120 or more colored pencil set and take up portraits. I feel you must know the resultant blend that you will get when you mix up colors. This is very tough for me.

I read somewhere that drawing art is a skill. And like a skill it can be developed. 

I hope you have found this blog post useful.

Have a very nice day !!


No comments:

Post a Comment